Why create an ebook?
- It’s a powerful sign-up incentive for adding new subscribers to your email list;
- It attracts targeted leads – only people already interested in your field will download it;
- It can be promoted via your blog and social media and is therefore another great marketing tool;
- It creates new content for your website, improving your SEO;
- It is helpful if you have a topic you want to cover that’s too detailed or complex to be covered in a blog;
- It is a great way for you to stand out from the crowd, boosting your credibility and authority and positioning you as an expert in your field;
- It makes your expertise easily accessible – anyone who own a smartphone or a tablet and access to the internet can reach you.
Why give this out for free?
Because you’re not.
In return for the information you’re giving out you get potential customers’ contact information for your use. Once they are on your database you can get in touch with any of your business developments regarding a new product or service, or when a new blog post is up.
It’s a two way process. You’re building a relationship with potential clients by letting them know you’ve already invested in them.
If you really don’t want to give it out for free and you think your information is valuable enough you can charge for your ebook and it can make you money directly. Your ebook is unlikely to sell thousands of copies, but it is one of the few marketing activities that will actually bring in an income.
Want to create an ebook and share it on your website? Get in touch!
At Individualise, we can produce you an ebook. From planning, writing and editing to designing and building a new page with the relevant forms on your website, we have the expertise to make it happen.
Have you downloaded our ebook? If not, why not? And if you have, we’d love to know what you think. Please let us know in the comments below.